Thursday, July 25, 2019

Adding Autolevel

When I ordered my printer, it was claimed to be an autoleveling printer (X3A).  What actually came was a manual leveling printer (X3).  When I asked about this, I was given a discount that was enough to purchase an inductive sensor that will mount to my print head.  Now I just need to change the firmware.

Some background is given here: repetier firmware discussion on autolevel

This explanation makes it seem that I need to get repetier firmware 0.92 or newer (there is some mention of 1.0, effective 14 Jan 2017).

I will also need to know what the configuration for my printer is.  I'm not sure exactly what it is.   I have tried to get firmware source code for a Tronxy X3 so that I know what the existing settings are.

I have obtained a copy of Marlin firmware for an X3 (but my printer has repetier firmware).

I have obtained what purports to be a copy of Reptetier V1.0 for tronxy.  https://github.com/worder/tronxy-x3-repetier-firmware

I'd also like to extract the current code from the printer, so if I have problems with updating, I can go back to a working printer.

There is information on Tronxy firmware here: https://github.com/TronxyX3/Wiki/wiki.    It appears that the Autolevel firmware is Marlin, and the non-Autolevel firmware is Repetier.

I have now figured out how to upload new firmware to the Tronxy, and can go between Marlin and Repetier at will.  A log of what I did to make it work is found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment